500 gm kathal
7-8 cloves of garlic
1 inch ginger
Pinch of Turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp Dhaniya powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1. Chop kathal and fry it in mustard oil. Add salt during frying and shallow fry till it becomes golden
2. Add mustard oil. When it becomes hot add tez patta. Add 1/2 chopped onion. When it becomes pink add onion ginger garlic paste( 2.5 onions)
3. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dhaniya powder, salt and garam masala
4. Cook till the oil separates from the masala
5. Now add fried kathal and keep cooking it till it can be cut with a spoon. Don’t add water.
And it’s done!
Note: The whole dish is cooked on low flame