1 cup chana dal
4 chopped Garlic
Pinch of turmeric powder
1/3 tsp Red chilli powder
Chopped green chillies (as per taste)
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup lukewarm water
- Soak chana dal for 4-5 hours. Drain water
- Grind this with garlic
- Put this in a bowl and add salt, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, chopped green chillies, coriander leaves
- Mix this . Stuffing is ready.
Note- stufffing has to be completely dry. No amount of water should be there
For outer layer
- Heat water in a pan till it becomes lukewarm. Now add rice flour to this water and keep mixing with a spatula. When it’s properly mixed, turn off the gas. There should not be any extra water left
- Put this mixture in a bowl. Now knead it. You can add more lukewarm water if needed.
- The texture of this dough should be exactly like a chappati dough. It should be soft
- Now roll this and make small pooris with this.
- Put the stuffing in the middle of this poori and spread it around.
- Now fold this into half. Ensure that you do not close it. It should be half opened
- Now steam these and ensure that they are cooked by doing the fork test
Note- when heating the water, take out some water in a cup to ensure that the water isn’t too much as compared to the flour. You can still add this water later if needed
- Cut the steamed farras into 2-3 pieces
- Add desi ghee to pan and sauté this till it becomes light golden
Now it’s done!